- Nokia, a Top-100 Brand No More
- Nokia removes Skype from Marketplace on Lumia 610, blames poor user experience
- Nokia's Financial Woes Continue
- RunKeeper dumps Windows Phone
- Windows Phone reaches for the bottom
- Microsoft's smartphone market share tumbles 27%. Will Windows Phone ever gain traction?
This demise was pretty obvious, even more than one year ago. The sudden drop on stock price, on the same day Elop announced the partnership between Nokia and Microsoft, was more than a subtle sign. The gains prior to that day also shows something else: investors were hoping that Nokia would go Android. They gambled on that, and lost. The next day everyone was aware of Nokia's future demise. The final days of Nokia are here.
Nokia's mistake: Elop.
Elop's mistake: Microsoft.
Microsoft's mistake: Ballmer.